Skip to content
- [Mar 2022] Collaboration with Quantum South. We are most pleased to collaborate with Quantum South on the development of quantum algorithms focused on optimization problems.
- [Mar 2022] Panelist. Modelos de Negocio para Sistemas Solares. Foro Nacional de Transición Energética. Grupo Parlamentario del PRI, LXV Legislatura, Cámara de Diputados (Low Chamber of México’s Federal Congress).
- [Mar 2022] Associate Head of the Computer Science Department, Tec Campus Santa Fe. Starting on 1 March 2022, Salvador is the Associate Head of the Computer Science Department of Tecnológico de Monterrey Campus Santa Fe.
- [Feb 2022] IEEE Quantum in Consumer Technology Committee. Salvador has become a member of the IEEE Quantum in Consumer Technology Technical Committee.
- [Feb 2022] Keynote Speaker. Computación cuántica: de la investigación científica al mercado de alta tecnología. Volante Technologies Lat Am Kick-Off meeting.
- [Jan 2022] New member of the Unconventional Computing Lab. We welcome Joaquín Negrete, a new PhD student of our group under Salvador’s supervision at Tecnologico de Monterrey. Joaquín works on the development of a digital environment, based on the Julia programming language, to simulate quantum algorithms.
- [Jan 2022] Special Speaker. Quantum Computing: science, engineering and potential businesses (video). Southern California Quantum Computing Discussion Series, USA.
- [Jan 2022] Publication of edited book. Our edited book on Security and Privacy for IoT and 5G has been released! Details follow: Security and Privacy Preserving for IoT and 5G Networks. A.A. Abd El-Latif, B. Abd-El-Atty, S. E. Venegas-Andraca, W. Mazurczyk, and B.B. Gupta (Eds). Springer (2022), ISBN: 978-3-030-85428-7 https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-85428-7
- [Dec 2021] Associate Editor, Quantum Information Processing. Salvador has become an Associate Editor of Quantum Information Processing, a leading journal in Quantum Information Science.
- [Nov 2021] Outstanding Professor. Salvador has been granted an Outstanding Professor Award by Tecnológico de Monterrey.
- [Nov 2021] Invited Speaker. Quantum computing and Cybersecurity (video). Seminario de la Academia Mexicana de Ciberseguridad y Derecho Digital.
- [Oct 2021] Invited Speaker. Quantum computing: from the lab to the market. Asociación estudiantil Journey to Innovation, Tecnológico de Monterrey.
- [Oct 2021] Distinguished Speaker. An Introduction to Quantum Image Processing. Seagate Distinguished Speaker Series.
- [Oct 2021] Invited Speaker. Quantum computing: from the lab to the market. Universidad de Guanajuato and Centro de Investigación en Matemáticas. Guanajuato, México.
- [Oct 2021] Panelist. Entrepreneurship in Quantum Computing from Academic Perspective. Quantum Computing Entrepreneurship, 2021 IEEE Quantum Week.
- [Sep 2021] Invited Speaker. Tutorial on Quantum Key Distribution. ENAIC 2021, Universidad Veracruzana.
- [Aug 2021] Quantum Computing Network, The World Economic Forum. Salvador has become a member of the Quantum Computing Network of the World Economic Forum.
- [Aug 2021] Interviewed by Conecta. Salvador was interviewed by Conecta, the official news site of Tecnológico de Monterrey, about his research on quantum technology to protect Blockchain from quantum computer attacks. Project led by the Inter-American Development Bank. Full interview is here.
- [Aug 2021] Invited Speaker. Simulating with Quantum Algorithms (video). IV Coloquio de Simulaciones Computacionales en Ciencias. Centro de Nanociencias y Nanotecnología, UNAM.
- [Aug 2021] Invited Speaker. Tutorial on Quantum Key Distribution. ENC 2021, Morelia, Mich., 2021. Sociedad Mexicana de Ciencia de la Computación.
- [Jul 2021] Interviewed by Digitalizados. Salvador was interviewed by Juan Manuel Ahuactzin, head and producer of the podcast Digitalizados. Topic: quantum computation. Full interview is here (in Spanish).
- [Jun 2021] Seminar (in Spanish, 4 hours). Computación cuántica. Diplomado en Innovación Pública del Instituto Nacional de Administración Pública.
- [Apr 2021] Quantum Latino. The first edition of Quantum Latino, the largest quantum event in Latin America on quantum technologies, was held online from 9th to 11th June 2021. The goal of Quantum Latino is to create awareness and promote quantum technologies to build a connected quantum community in Latin America. To do so, we are bringing together researchers, entrepreneurs, start-ups, and industry collaborators to participate, learn, exchange ideas, connect, network, and grow, to be part of a constantly growing Latin American quantum community.
Our Laboratory proudly co-organized Quantum Latino together with Qureca (main organizer) and QuantumSouth. Please visit Quantum Latino’s Programme and stay tuned!
- [Apr 2021] The World Quantum Day. The World Quantum Day, to be celebrated on 14 April every year, is an initiative from quantum scientists from 65+ countries aimed at promoting the public understanding of Quantum Science and Technology around the world. The first edition of the World Quantum Day was launched on 14 April 2021 as the countdown towards the first global celebration on 14 April 2022.
Salvador has been invited to act as contact point and country representative for the World Quantum Day in Mexico. The QWD 2021 launch event was the talk “From Einstein to Wheeler: Wave-Particle duality of a single photon” delivered by a celebrity of the quantum scientific community, Professor Alain Aspect from L’Institut d’Optique, Université Paris-Saclay. Professor Aspect’s talk can be found in the WQD YouTube Channel.
- [Apr 2021] Interviewed by SPIE. Salvador was interviewed by Daneet Steffens, SPIE PR Manager, about his experience teaching quantum computation and quantum cryptography at SPIE conferences. Full article is here.
- [Apr 2021] Interviewed by Tec Review. Salvador was interviewed by Luz Olivia Badillo from Tec Review about quantum computing. Full article is here.
- [Nov 2020] Knowledge Transfer to AstraZeneca. Our AstraZeneca – Tecnológico de Monterrey knowledge transfer program on quantum computing has been featured at Conecta. Full article is here.